Jobs/EL2 Product Manager
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$140 per hour***
New South Wales
The Product Manager will be responsible for the implementation of new business processes, digital tools, both internal- and client-facing products, and organisational change management activities that support the delivery of the service.
The Product Manager will lead a cross-functional team which may include subject matter experts, service designers, user researchers, business analysts and IT professionals.
The role will involve:
- Engaging with clients and stakeholders to understand user needs, identify opportunities and review and improve the service
- Working closely with the senior stakeholders and the delivery team to maintain an inspiring vision for the service
- Working with your team, users and other stakeholders to construct a Product Backlog that ensures delivery meets user needs and maximises value
- Supporting organisational change and communications (internal and external) activities to raise awareness and encourage adoption of the service
- Reporting and presenting progress to the Executive and stakeholders and justifying product direction and prioritisation decisions
- The candidate must be an Australian citizen.
- Current Commonwealth Government baseline security clearance is an advantage, otherwise they must have the ability to obtain one.
- Significant experience (2+ years) as a Product Manager/Product Owner.
- Experience working in Agile teams (e.g. Scrum teams).
- Deep understanding of Agile/Lean methodologies and principles of HCD.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Open-minded and flexible disposition.
- Demonstrated Agile mindset.
- Product Owner Certification (e.g. IC Agile, Scrum Alliance, Scrum.org).
- In-depth knowledge of Australian and international technology sectors.
- In-depth knowledge of the challenges faced by 'born globals' and scale-up companies.
- Familiarity with the Digital Transformation Agency’s Digital Service Standard.
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate