Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$75 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Web Services team in the Communication Branch of the Department of Education, Skills and Employment needs a skilled experience designer to help liaise between business areas, the developers and the design team to fine-tune the dese.gov.au experience.
As a secondary objective, they will help to analyse and suggest changes and updates to many of the other sites we manage. The applicant will have a keen eye for detail, will understand the fundamentals of how Drupal works and how it can be used, and will have a strong understanding of user experience and user-centred design principles.
They will have experience working closely with developers and business areas to negotiate suitable solutions that are both effective and beautiful.
The applicant will:
- Use user-centred design to develop concepts and mock-ups for new content or products
- Help business areas map their content requirements and recommend the most efficient way to present it using reusable interfaces that they’ll design
- Responsible for quality assurance of the appearance of the department’s websites in line with design standards and guides and the team’s objective to make beautiful, effective websites.
- Provide design advice, mock-ups and asset creation for websites we manage
- Proven skills to generate mockups and layouts to help describe a solution to business areas and to provide specifications and guidance to developers.
- Problem solving experience to understand business requirements and craft solutions that satisfy their requirements using established patterns, or new re-usable patterns that can be used by others
- Experience designing and refining website interfaces and providing specifications to developers to implement
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Contract extensions may be considered
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate