Jobs/Interaction Designer / User Researcher
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The successful candidate will work closely with others in the team to:
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team, to help define a minimum viable product (MVP) that can be deployed, iterated and improved to add additional value, based on user feedback.
- Lead user research activities to understand user needs and inform decision-making, taking the lead in identifying appropriate research questions and methods, planning and undertaking a range of quantitative and qualitative research, and synthesising findings into actionable insights.
- Effectively scope, plan, and recruit participants for research and usability testing activities.
- Develop design artefacts including user journey maps, experience maps, task analysis, wireframes, and interactive prototypes of proposed solutions to communicate findings effectively to numerous stakeholders, including team members, product owners and executives.
- Work closely with the team’s User Interface Designer to develop interface components in alignment with existing design systems, and contribute to the growth of the design system.
- Generate ideas and iteratively design system components, user pathways, information architecture, navigation, and the experience language of services, ensuring a balance between user needs, business objectives, and feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Conduct Co-Design and collaborative workshops, to re-frame problems into opportunities, generate ideas, and run design experiments (in order to validate, test, and iterate on service solutions).
- Track and measure service improvements to discern impact and delivery of value to customers and the organisation.
- Be a team player with the ability to contribute to a positive team culture of learning, continuous improvement and collaboration. They must also be flexible with a willingness to cross skill and provide assistance to the team as required in an agile environment.
- Must have current baseline clearance
- Demonstrates relevant experience leading, planning, and undertaking qualitative and quantitative user research activities and overseeing expert advice from multiple sources, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives.
- Experience in mapping, synthesising research, developing insights, and clearly articulating and presenting findings to inform and drive decision, through the development of user journey’s, experience maps, and customer storyboards.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of human factors with relevant experience in managing bias within research and a genuine interest in understanding human needs and behaviours.
- Demonstrated experience providing direction and leading multi-disciplinary design teams in the prototyping and delivery of minimal viable products/services within the confines of a Design System, including developing value propositions, service principles, user flows, layouts, information architecture, and navigation in accordance with accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
- An influential communicator with demonstrated experience leading co-design and collaborative workshops with various stakeholders, and a proven ability to break down barriers and effect change - facilitating consensus for decision-making, and instilling creative confidence for generation, evaluation, and refinement of diverse ideas.
- Experience working within an IT delivery team
- Data Analysis capability
- Tertiary Qualifications in a design related discipline (Human Factors, Systems Design, Psychology, Computer Interaction, etc.)
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate