Java EE Developer
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Thursday, August 26, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Australian Electoral Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$130 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The AEC is seeking a senior Java developer with DevOps experience to work as part of a team, to maintain, upgrade and extend existing software built on the Java EE framework. The successful applicant will be required to:
• Collaborate with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and deploy enterprise software, in accordance with software development standards.
• Help maintain and upgrade elements of the Java EE software stack, with particular focus on moving from the existing Jenkins CI/CD pipeline to Azure DevOps.
• In collaboration with other teams, investigate, analyse and resolve technical issues and application problems.
• Create technical documentation for design, reference and reporting.
• Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
• Participate in peer-review of solution designs and related code. Develop unit tests and conduct integration testing.
• Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
1. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high quality, secure, robust and scalable enterprise level software solutions using Java and Java EE.
2. In-depth technical knowledge of Java frameworks. Experience configuring and optimising Java EE application servers and java CI/CD pipelines.
3. Ability to troubleshoot and provide service support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing complex technical issues.
4. Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations.
5. Experience in preparing and maintaining technical documentation, with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures to colleagues.
6. A relevant bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification.
1. Experience with Maven, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GIT, and PowerShell
2. Knowledge of Azure components such as App Services, API Management, Service Bus, Functions and Logic Apps
3. Experience with JBoss EAP and Apache Tomcat; including use of JMS, JPA and JSF
4. Experience with application performance monitoring and performance testing tools (e.g. Rational Performance Tester)
5. Experience with MS SQL Server
Ability to Obtain nv1 clearance