Jobs/Junior Data Analyst (several)
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$90 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory,New South Wales
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department is looking for high performing data analysts to work in a complex, fast-paced and technically challenging data environment. The junior data analysts will work with experienced staff to solve a variety of data engineering and data science problems. The goal of all our work is to derive meaningful insights that improve policy and operational outcomes for the quality of Australian life and natural environment. The team is divided into two main streams: 1. Data engineering – cleanse, curate, integrate diverse data sources in order to add value to raw data 2. Data science – apply statistical or machine learning techniques to extract data insights for predefined outcomes In either stream, the data analysts will conduct activities under direction including: a) Speak with business stakeholders to understand their business processes and objectives b) Design and develop data products that support those business outcomes c) Adhere to rigorous programming practices and team programming conventions d) Effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences e) Produce a range of documentation that will be specific to business including technical documents, work flows, diagrams, business requirements documents and other requested documentation. The team is predominantly SQL and Python based, though PowerShell and DAX may be used. Responses to selection criteria are mandatory. Responses that say “refer to CV” will not be assessed.
1. Proven skills in performing data interrogation, validation, dash boarding and modelling using efficient and effective SQL and other methods.
2. Proven ability to solve complex challenges in an industry programming language such as Python, R, Java, .Net, PowerShell etc
3. Excellent verbal and written communication
4. Easy going team player, capable of engaging and peer programming with a variety of personalities
1. Academic excellence, distinction average in an Australian university or equivalent. Transcript may be requested
2. Proven ability to solve problems using functional programming paradigm
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
Option to extend for 2 periods of up to 12 months
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate