Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources (DISER)
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Corporate and Digital Division of DISER is front and centre in implementing the government’s National Business Simplification Initiative and Digital Transformation Agenda. The Division also provides a range of enabling services and operations delivery to the department.
The Division is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior .NET developer. The successful candidates must have the IT skills and relevant work experience, in conjunction with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement. Ability to work as part of an agile team and communicate with a range of internal and external stakeholders is also a requirement.
As a part of the role the developer will undertake activities that ensure systems meet the functional requirements of the users and stakeholders, meet performance thresholds and ensure sustainability into the future; while complying with DISER and industry principles, standards and best practice. Specifically, they will be required to:
- Use a range of products to manage, maintain and develop the code base of systems.
- Develop applications and services, adhering to relevant standards and protocols.
- Understand and code against detailed application architecture documents.
- Provide impact analysis of user/stakeholder requirements.
- Ensure that best practice and Departmental standards are applied and managed.
- Effective collaboration with a cross-functional team working with an agile structure - including a product owner, business analyst, developers, architect & testers to produce a solution in accordance with user and stakeholder requirements and broader Departmental objectives.
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders; internal and external to the department.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Experience developing single-page applications using either Angular 7+ or React.
- Demonstrated experience in solution design and implementation in Azure. Demonstrated experience with Cloud environments, and Cloud technologies such as Azure Logic Apps, Azure SQL and Azure Service Bus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory including Azure AD, Windows Operating Systems including Windows Server and Visual Studio including working with modern code analysis tools.
- Understanding and experience working with cloud based system including Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and Azure DevOps, including TFVC and Git repositories.
- Applied understanding of DevOps principles and practices and able to build, maintain, support and extend the Continuous Integration and Deployment pipeline in DevOps.
- The ability to integrate applications with third-party systems, including Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, Microsoft Office products, e.g. SharePoint and the Microsoft Graph API.
- Good knowledge of development and security best practices when delivering ICT solutions.
- The ability to perform, collaborate and deliver products within an agile team.
Must have current baseline clearance
One x 12 month extension option
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate