Agency / Department
Australian Signals Directorate
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$135 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
ASD seeks a Project Manager who can think critically and utilise their excellent problem solving skills, as well as undertake negotiations, delegate effectively, and make timely decisions. The Project Manager will be a highly organised, dynamic, outcome orientated individual with excellent communication skills.
The Project Manager is responsible for contributing to the planning and implementation of projects, including defining the scope and requirements, developing plans and schedules, managing the project’s budget, overseeing and planning resource allocation and work packages, managing risks and issues and communicating formally and informally on the project’s progress.
- Manage Project budget, project delivery and sustainment matters.
- Engage with stakeholders and conduct requirements definition and scoping activities to clarify and define the scope of projects.
- Contribute to activities for planning, requirements analysis, system design / development, testing, implementation and transition to operations.
- Undertake project risk management to identify, analyse, evaluate, treat and review risks and issues.
- Co-ordinate project resourcing according to project priorities.
- Escalate issues and seek advice from Director in a timely manner.
- Conduct project stage review and reporting, financial management, risk and issue management.
- Develop and contribute to project documentation including but not limited to Project Plan/Proposal, Stage Plans, Developing procedures, Exception Reports, Completion Reports Management of project risks and issues.
- Conduct procurement activities to support wider project requirements.
- Experience with requirements capture and definition.
- Demonstrated project management competencies.
- Procurement experience (preferably in a Defence context).
Must have current negative vetting level 2 clearance
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate