Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$90 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The National Earth and Marine Observations (NEMO) Branch provides national leadership in the definition, acquisition, stewardship and application of satellite remote sensing and seabed data. NEMO’s work is underpinned by world-class expertise in marine, remote sensing and information sciences. Geoscience Australia’s Digital Earth Australia (DEA) program delivers a unique capability to process, interrogate and present Earth observation satellite data to understand what is happening across Australia.
- Have a Tertiary qualification in information technology or equivalent industry experience Proficiency in continuous integration and deployment
- Excellent at automation scripting using python
- Excellent at data transformations /extract transform and load (ETL)
- Demonstrated ability to work proficiently in a Linux-based environment and in a range of computing platforms including AWS
- Have the ability to work collaboratively and operate effectively in a small team environment that has significant and diverse demands on their time.
- Demonstrate understanding and experience in modern software development practices such as Dev-Ops and Agile.
- Strong understanding of software architecture patterns and team development tools and practice
Proficiency with technologies such as kubernetes, docker, terraform and airflow
Australian Police Check
Contract extensions available