Senior Business Analyst
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment is seeking a senior business analyst to help us design and deliver revolutionary new experiences and improved outcomes for job seekers and employers as part of the Digital Employment Services Platform.
The senior business analyst will be responsible for working with business stakeholders to refine and document the data analysis and reporting needs of multiple business lines in support of the New Employment Services Model program.
The successful candidates will have experience working in Agile and, ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard; including relevant work experience to deliver design and research activities, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement.
The senior business analyst will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and be able to communicate effectively and manage relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders; including team members, product owners and executives.
The Department is seeking self-driven, curious individuals with a keen desire to learn, adapt, and make continuous improvement; being committed to seeing things through and delivering on key results and objectives. Applicants should demonstrate an understanding of:
• The DTA Service Design and Delivery Process and Digital Service Standard,
• Agile ways of working and scaled agile practices.
1. Experience in planning, conducting, analysing and making recommendations on business needs, identifying and leading improvements to existing services
2. Tell us about a professional contribution you have made to a product, service, team or organisation of which you are proud.
3. Demonstrated experience managing customer relationships and expectations through clear and regular communication
4. Demonstrated experience providing thought leadership through ideation and collaboration, providing clear, defined ideas and viewpoints to senior stakeholders resulting in clear direction to delivery teams
1. Have demonstrable experience working in a large agile program, facilitating cross team communication of user stories and dependencies
2. Experience in generating service models and clearly articulating actionable insights and opportunities for service and experience improvement
3. Specific experience in developing user value based requirements for either web experience or data projects
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
2 x 12 month extension option subject to funds availability and delegate approval.