Senior Development Expert (COBOL)
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$145 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
Health Systems Branch are seeking experienced Senior Development Experts (COBOL).The Senior Development Expert undertakes technical research and analysis to drive the design, and the development of high quality solutions in support of business and technical requirements. They lead and provide technical management
The Senior Development Expert operates with a significant degree of independence and works under the broad guidance of a National Manager to deliver quality outcomes. They operate with a high level of autonomy, with decision-making highly dependent on their own judgment.
In performing a leadership role, Senior Development Experts identify and drive innovation, manage and lead change, and have an active role in contributing to and implementing the agency’s strategic direction.
The Senior Development Expert may be responsible for, and/or contributes to the management of a team. Maintaining data integrity within the Medicare system is vital to providing accuracy of payments to all Australians.
Completeness and consistency of data increases stability and performance of the Medicare system while improving reusability and maintainability.
Safety of information is paramount in regards to regulatory compliance and cyber security.
The integrity of data ensures that information stored in the Medicare system will always remain complete, accurate and reliable despite any intervention or disruption that may occur. If we do not maintain data integrity this results in inaccuracy's of payments, reduced productivity, increased inefficiencies and operational costs, potential reputational damage for Services Australia.
- Minimum 5 years proven experience as a COBOL developer on an IBM mainframe
- Demonstrated experience as a highly specialised COBOL/Mainframe Developer
- Demonstrated experience delivering end to end solutions and leading a team of developers in a complex environmen
- Ability to analyse complex systems, understand architecture and produce high level designs and Solution documents
- Sound understanding of different design patterns and hands on experience with delivering solutions using JavaEE, web services, Git and DB2.
- Understands relational database concepts and the use of SQL, and implement high performance database solutions
- Understands Agile concepts and delivers work in Agile environment
Must hold a Baseline Security Clearance
Up to 24 months