Senior Java EE Developer
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Australian Electoral Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$125 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The AEC is seeking an experienced Java developer to work as part of a team, to maintain, upgrade and extend existing software built on the Java EE framework.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high quality, secure, robust and scalable enterprise level software solutions using Java and Java EE.
- Ability to work in a team environment delivering a high level of customer service, with the ability to build strong working relationships and trust with clients, stakeholders and senior management.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide service support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing complex technical issues.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining technical documentation, with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures to colleagues.
- A relevant bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification.
- Experience with JBoss EAP and Apache Tomcat; including use of JMS, JPA and JSF
- Experience with Maven, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GIT, and PowerShell
- Experience with application performance monitoring and performance testing tools (e.g. Rational Performance Tester)
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience with geospatial data, GDAL/OGR
Ability to obtain negative vetting level 1 clearance
1 x 12 Month