Senior Unified Communications Engineer , Braddon - ACT
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
National Disability Insurance Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$130 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
As the Senior Unified Communications Engineer, you will become pivotal in the design, development and implementation of the Agency’s Unified Communication platforms and services projects. Working closely with the Director Data Networks and Unified Communications, you will work collaboratively with ICT Operations and the Agency more broadly, at the fore front of technological advances. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimising all new and existing communications platforms. As a Senior Engineer, you'll have the ability to take ownership of tasks, as well as assist the broader team leveraging your extensive knowledge. You will be comfortable working collaboratively with both technical and non-technical people and have the right attitude towards adopting new technologies and expanding your professional knowledge.
The position requires positive relationship relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
•Lead the Agency’s Unified Communications Services delivering innovative ICT with other third-party vendors.
•Communicate effectively with key stakeholders, senior executives.
•Implementation of change technical management activities.
•Contribute to the design and implementation of an operating model that reflects new ways of working.
•Serve as a Unified Communications technology Subject Matter Expert (SME).
•Design, build, deploy and support the Agency’s communication solutions.
•Investigate complex technical problems assigned to the team and engage others to assist in addressing such problems.
•Engage with business stakeholders at all levels to manage service delivery, building strong relationships and managing service reviews.
•Foster a positive culture within the ICT Services Branch, aligned with Agency values.
•Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
1. Demonstrated 8 years' experience working with Unified Communication Platforms and Microsoft 365 Services, with substantial project design and deployment experience.
2. A strong technical background covering Infrastructure, Telephony, Security & Cloud.
3. Sound understanding of ITIL best practice.
4. Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Teams.
5. Demonstrated high level conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to difficult and complex problems.
6. Proven experience producing a range of documentation from simple work instructions to network designs.
7. Demonstrated experience and understanding of IT infrastructure and Assets.
8. Proven ability to define successful new product requirements and implementation strategies.
9. Experience working in Government or providing services to Government agency.
Pre-engagement Checks will be undertaken by NDIA and commencement is subject to the Specified Personnel meeting the standard in relation to the Pre-Engagement Check requirements. The Contractor must comply with and ensure ongoing compliance with the Pre-Engagement Checks. NDIA welcome candidates that hold the right to work within Australia.