Jobs/Service Desk Analyst
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Australian Electoral Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$55 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
A Service Desk Analyst supports the Service Desk Manager in the operation of the AEC’s Service Desk that provides support to staff on core business operations and processes, the resolution of technical ICT problems and includes participating in section planning for short term tasks and work area planning for longer term initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting staff via phone, email, remote and onsite support with incidents and service requests within an ITIL framework. Record accurate, timely and meaningful data in relation to client follow ups, requests and communication.
- Experience providing high quality services to support the AEC across a geographically dispersed network as required by providing consistent, professional and timely support and guidance to staff on program operations and ICT.
- The ability to determine software and hardware requirements to provide solutions to problems. Install and configure software and hardware, and repair and replace peripheral equipment.
- A demonstrated ability to working harmoniously within a team to achieve positive results, coordinating with team members and other support areas to provide resolution of issues, including the escalation of more complex issues to management and technical teams as required.
- Ability to perform systems administration and asset management tasks in support of the AEC Service Operations section. Assist with the planning and delivery of additional support activities aimed at enhancing the capability of the AEC.
- Conduct research and analysis to obtain evidence-based conclusions and assist in the management, preparation and coordination of policy or procedure formulation and/or project management
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft SCCM, Active Directory, Citrix, ITIL and Remote Access platforms are highly desirable.
- Ability to gain an understanding of Australian electoral law and practice.
Ability to obtain negative vetting level 1 clearance
Two x 6 month extension options
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate