SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)/Database Technical Lead/Developer
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$115 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Data Development and Analysis team is responsible for developing database solutions to support reporting and analysis on employment services such as jobactive, Transition to Work and ParentsNext. This includes data profiling and analysis, proposing, designing, and implementing database architecture as well as creating de-normalised table structures within the INTERNAL database.
The roles required are SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)/Database Technical Lead/Developer resources to assist with database structure, security, automation, programming and administration. The role includes proposing, designing, and implementing database architectures, as well automating table production to support various government programs for which the Department is responsible.
- Demonstrated ability to manage users, roles and privileges within different tiers of a SQL Server reporting environment. Demonstrated ability to maintain database integrity and data governance. Demonstrated ability to develop Extract-Transform-Load processes for ingesting new data sources.
- Demonstrated ability to take design specifications from client and write scripts in SSIS. Demonstrated ability to automate various processes utilising SSIS. Ability to deploy new agent jobs and improve existing ones. Demonstrated ability to document relevant processes.
- Ability to provide input to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. Demonstrated ability to train and educate staff in SSIS and database management.
- Well Developed organisational skills and strong ability to manage competing priorities. oral and written skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate with stakeholders in technical and business areas.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Employment Services and the Employment Business Intelligence Warehouse. Demonstrated ability to conduct business analysis and develop data models to meet specified business requirements. Demonstrated ability to follow good SQL programming practices and team programming conventions.
Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options