Jobs/SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)/Database Technical Lead/Developer
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$115 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Data Development and Analysis team is responsible for developing database solutions to support reporting and analysis on employment services such as jobactive, Transition to Work and ParentsNext. This includes data profiling and analysis, proposing, designing, and implementing database architecture as well as creating de-normalised table structures within the INTERNAL database.
The roles required are SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)/Database Technical Lead/Developer resources to assist with database structure, security, automation, programming and administration. The role includes proposing, designing, and implementing database architectures, as well automating table production to support various government programs for which the Department is responsible.
The services of qualified SSIS/database technical leads/developers are required to meet the growing demand for user driven data analytics, business intelligence and Qlik visualisations. As the INTERNAL database continues to expand to support the department’s reporting and analysis needs, integration services need to be implemented and supported to solve complex business problems by cleansing and mining data, managing SQL server objects, programming and loading the INTERNAL database.
Bringing these skill sets into the team enables best practice and documentation to be developed and taught in house. Increasing the skills and confidence of current staff to continue to develop valuable solutions. Implementing database security and administration best practice also allows us to reduce the manual burden of INTERNAL database maintenance, which allows us to provide a more stable and streamlined user experience for our stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage users, roles and privileges within different tiers of a SQL Server reporting environment. Demonstrated ability to maintain database integrity and data governance. Demonstrated ability to develop Extract-Transform-Load processes for ingesting new data sources.
- Demonstrated ability to take design specifications from client and write scripts in SSIS. Demonstrated ability to automate various processes utilising SSIS. Ability to deploy new agent jobs and improve existing ones. Demonstrated ability to document relevant processes.
- Ability to provide input to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. Demonstrated ability to train and educate staff in SSIS and database management.
- Well Developed organisational skills and strong ability to manage competing priorities. oral and written skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate with stakeholders in technical and business areas.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Employment Services and the Employment Business Intelligence Warehouse. Demonstrated ability to conduct business analysis and develop data models to meet specified business requirements. Demonstrated ability to follow good SQL programming practices and team programming conventions.
Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate