Jobs/Support Officer - IT
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Administrative Appeals Tribunal
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$45 per hour***
New South Wales
The Administrative Appeals Tribunal is seeking a motivated IT support officer to join their Sydney office
The IT Support Officer is responsible for:
Providing high quality, responsive, courteous and timely 1st and 2nd level IT support to members and staff of the AAT.
- being available to adequately cover Service Desk functions as rostered/required
- monitoring and managing IT support requests through the Service Desk system, telephone and personal presentation;
- Ensuring issues are documented correctly and resolved in a timely fashion
Fostering effective and productive working relationships with internal and external AAT stakeholders.
This may include:
- liaising with external service providers in relation to support arrangements, procurement, invoicing and other tasks as required
- communicating technical information to non-technical members and staff
Test, install and maintain computers, peripherals, videoconferencing, office equipment, software, logs and security systems as required.
Maintain and monitor backup procedures, communications and security systems.
Undertake project work as directed.
Experience in support
- Experience providing 1st level and 2nd IT support in a Microsoft environment.
- Understanding of networking
- Experience installing and trouble-shooting PCs and peripherals
- Problem solving skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of the need to follow up to ensure clients are satisfied and to keep them informed of the progress of any issues logged
Communication and liaison skills
- Ability to document solutions and communicate solutions to the rest of the Information technology team
- Ability to develop simple instructions for use by clients
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff
Flexibility and initiative
- Ability to contribute to project work as directed
- Ability to learn new technologies and applications
- Ability to prioritise work and cope with multiple demands
- Ability to respond to changing work demands and circumstances
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology are highly desirable
- and/or Industry related training and qualifications
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Three x 6 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate