Agency / Department
Department of Defence
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$75 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Department of Defence is seeking experienced Systems Administrators with an NV1 clearance to join their team
The roles will be required to
- Perform installations/ rebuilds of software suites and create installation procedures
- Provide advice and specialist guidance to colleagues and users.
- Apply knowledge of Defence and industry accepted hardware and software products relevant to systems administration.
- Utilise experience in LMSM/TRAMM-L to integrate proposed changes into the capability product baseline.
- Work collaboratively with the team and contribute to solutions and goals of a non-routine or contingency nature.
- Design and implement solutions to issues impacting on the achievement of desired outcomes. • Solve issues for a defined range of unpredictable problems.
- Work with limited guidance demonstrating initiative and responsibility.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance tasks on the VMware Workspace ONE mobile device manager that supports the ADF EFB system. The role will also involve provision of technical support and information security accreditation work
As the successful candidate you will possess experience in the following:
- Demonstrated experience in ICT system administration
- Understanding of the Australian Government Information Security Manual
- Exposure to the aviation environment
- Ability to work with guidance, demonstrating initiative and responsibility
- Strong written (in accordance with Defence writing standards) and oral communication skills
- Qualifications in systems engineering/requirements engineering
- Experience working in support of military operational communications systems
- Ability to perform an extensive range and variety of complex technical work activities with limited guidance demonstrating initiative and responsibility,
- Demonstrated experience with systems and software safety, security and managing technical risk
- Demonstrated experience with networking, computers and operating systems,
- Takes initiative to keep skills up to date, maintaining awareness of developments and continuous improvement opportunities
- Formal information security qualifications
- VMware Workspace ONE UEM qualifications
- Microsoft Office 365 qualifications
Must have a current NV1 security clearance
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate