Technical Project Manager
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Fair Work Ombudsman Registered Organisations Commission Entity
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$125 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
Do you want to be part of a team that delivers world class government digital services and experiences? Well, we're looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to help us do just that. The candidate will be ·Able to lead projects to successful delivery and outcomes ·Overseeing and coordinating day to day activities in alignment with the project scope and deliverables ·Lead, monitor, and motivate different teams across the FWO and interact with staff at all levels including SES ·Facilitating and ensuring adequate stakeholder engagement is maintained across project deliverables ·Create and manage methods of management, communication plans, and processes ·Analyse, plan, and develop procedures and other management and technical duties ·Define the scope of the project, roles, and responsibilities along with various stakeholders ·Participate in the allocation of budget, staff and any other resource(s) that are needed to accomplish or achieve set out goals (projects), and also monitor the performance of every project ·Maintain correct project time frames, estimates, and status reports ·Responsible for the management of complex problems and development of processes for scheduling and administration ·Make sure that all required projects are completed and reviewed ·Responsible for identifying, clarifying, and communicating the vision(s) and/or objective(s) of projects and show how they fall in place with, enhance, or inhibits such vision(s) and/or objective(s) ·Provide process improvement recommendations that are based on best practices and industry standards.
1. Solid knowledge of relevant technology concepts (e.g. Network/ Gateway , Client-server, relational databases, and Cloud web-based architectures including Azure and AWS platform /service/ solution offerings and security requirements)
2. Sound experience managing the planning, implementation and successful agile delivery of an ICT initiative or project?
3. Good interpersonal skills, be able to relate with people or personnel from different units of the organisation.
4. Good and effective communication and leadership skills. Demonstrated experience engaging with technical and business areas?
5. Experience managing the delivery of Platform Infrastructure , cloud solutions or broad ICT transformation projects.
1. Relevant formal qualifications and practical experience in project management is highly desirable.
2. Previous experience in Government agency. Outline your experience managing projects in an Agile and Public Service environment.
Must Have current baseline clearance
An extension option for up to 2X12 months (2022/2024)