Jobs/Technical Writer - Systems Designs
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$90 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
An exciting opportunity is available to be part of an award-winning multi-year initiative to modernise IP Australia’s core business systems. At IP Australia you will play an important role in the Patents Modernisation Initiative which is at the forefront of digital transformation through agile delivery and following DevOps approaches. This role will work within multi-discipline delivery teams to build and integrate new Patent processing features for business and support these new capabilities as they are released.
We require an experienced, pro-active and versatile Technical Writer, focusing on IT system design related documentation, to work with a project team.
The Technical Writer will work with the Project Manager, Solution Architect and internal SMEs to deliver high quality artefacts that align with reference architecture and user requirements. In some cases, this role will be accountable for delivering reference designs for submission with the architecture review board (ARB).
The Technical Writer will be responsible for:
- Working within one of IP Australia’s largest programs
- Contributing to establishment of documentation related to the architecture elements within Solution Architecture
- Exploring approaches that both satisfy requirements and work within constraints
- Work through the ARB approval process including responding to feedback and suggested revisions
- Provide advice and clarification as the project progresses
- Experience in ICT architecture and procedure documentation
- Experience of creating documents that capture system requirements and clearly articulate how the system will work
- Experience eliciting requirements from stakeholders & projects
Sucessful applicant must be willing to undergo IP Australia's clearance process before commencing
One x 12 month extension option
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate