Agency / Department
Digital Transformation Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The GovX program maps people's experiences during key life events, identifies what people need from government and assists government agencies to collaborate on designing and delivering improved experiences for people.
We are looking for a User Researcher who will take the lead in planning and carrying out a wide variety of user research activities in line with the DTA’s Service Design and Delivery process. The User Researcher will work on complex programs and be responsible for helping teams develop a deep understanding of users, their behaviours and their needs.
Role Specific Tasks
As a User Researcher, you will:
- Work in a multidisciplinary team to ensure the identification and prioritisation of the work that can improve the end experience.
- Guide teams to adopt inclusive practices and apply what they learn to design and deliver accessible services that work for all people.
- Plan and conduct a range of research including contextual enquiries, usability testing, in-depth interviews, diary studies and other research techniques as relevant
- Collect and analyse research from a range of sources including, primary studies, desktop research and quantitative studies to develop meaningful findings
- Facilitate the creation of actionable insights and user needs to support improvements across services
- Work alongside Service Designers to create current and future state artefacts including, life event journey maps and Discovery decks.
- Develop and manage strong relationships across the DTA, partnership agencies and other stakeholders
- Create design hypotheses and identify opportunities to improve people’s experience across services.
- Design and lead cross-agency workshops.
- Provide support and capability uplift within the program, partner agencies and across the DTA.
- Assist the DTA to continually assure, improve and innovate our User Research practices.
- Experience designing and leading a range of user research activities.
- Strong knowledge of a range of human-centered and agile approaches including the Service Design and Delivery process.
- Ability to collaborate closely with colleagues in different digital disciplines and across different agencies to achieve outcomes.
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
One x 6 month extension option
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate