Visual Communicator and Information Designer
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Monday, January 17, 2022
Australian Capital Territory,New South Wales,Victoria
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment is seeking Visual Communicator and Information Designer to help us deliver revolutionary new experiences and improved outcomes for job seekers and employers as part of the New Employment Services Model.
The Information Designer and Visual Communicator will be responsible for consuming complex information and visually representing ideas, concepts, and solutions in to wan easily consumable form for our internal stakeholders and external users.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years of experience within a design discipline, such as graphic and visual design, information and communications design, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement.
The Visual Communicator and Information Designer will require the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and be able to communicate effectively and manage relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including team members, product owners and executives.
The Department is seeking a self-driven, curious individual with a keen desire to learn, adapt, and make continuous improvement; being committed to seeing things through and delivering on key results and objectives.
Applicants should demonstrate an understanding of:
•The DTA Service Design and Delivery Process and Digital Service Standard,
•Visual communication and information design or similar design discipline,
•Agile ways of working and scaled agile practices,
•User experience design and accessibility in digital services.
1. Submit or provide a link to your portfolio of relevant visual communications design and/or information design work
2. proficiency in using current design software; including web-based design tools
3. tell us about a professional contribution you have made to a product, service, team or organisation of which you are proud.
1. Have demonstrable experience working in a multidisciplinary team with developers and designers, using an iterative approach to deliver digital services
2. interaction design and or user interface design, task-oriented design, especially form design and/or front-end web development skills to enable creation of HTML prototypes
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
a. 1/7/2022 - 30/6/2023 b. 1/7/2023 - 30/6/2024